AUTHORS GUIDELINES/ INSTRUCTIONS
Authors must read the instructions carefully and adhere to the provided instructions before submitting their manuscripts to The Uganda Higher Education Review: Journal for the National Council for Higher Education. This is to avoid inconvenience.
Manuscripts are electronically submitted to email@example.com or follow the hyperlink “Submit now”. This reduces the editorial processing and reviewing times which shortens overall publication period. Endeavor to follow the submission link and upload all your manuscript files while observing all the instructions given.
The journal is identified with ISSN 1813-2243 (in print) and 2958-5473 (in electronic). The research articles submitted for publication must be of high quality describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, experimental and theoretical work and a manuscript must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Full Paper Reviewing Process
- All manuscripts will be subjected to double blind peer-review and are expected to meet the scientific criteria of novelty and academic excellence.
- The submitting author is responsible for ensuring that the article’s publication has been approved by all other co-authors and takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review.
- The publisher will not be held legally responsible should there be any claims for compensation.
The journal publishes articles and books. Research articles will not exceed 15 pages including references and appendices.
Author’s names should appear below the title should be followed by their respective address. The affiliation(s) of the authors, i.e. institutions, (departments), cities, (state), country should be provided.
A clear indication and an active e-mail address of the corresponding author, if available, th 16-digit ORCID of the author(s) will be published.
Your abstract should contain a single paragraph (without headings) and it should be between 150 and 250 words long. Check if the following questions are answered;
- Does the abstract begin with some background information to put your research in context?
- Is the purpose or goal of your research clearly mentioned?
- Is there at least a brief mention of the methods you have used?
- Have you included at least one key result or finding?
- Is the abstract structured in the form of a single paragraph (without headings), and is it 150 to 250 words long?
- Have you run a spelling/grammar check using your word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word)?
Please select and provide 3 to 5 keywords for indexing purposes
All manuscripts must contain the following sections under the heading `Declaration`, to be placed before `References`.
If there exists any sections that are irrelevant to your manuscript, please include the heading and write `Not applicable` for that section
Conflict of interest/competing interests
All financial and non-financial competing interests must be declared in this section.
Please include the appropriate disclosures
Availability of data and material for data transparency
All manuscripts must include an `Availability of data and materials` statement. It should include information on where data supporting the results reported in the article can be found. Data availability statements can take the following forms (or a combination of more than one if required for multiple datasets)
The datasets generated and/ or analysed during the current study are available in the [NAME] repository,[PERSISTENT WEB LINK TO DATASETS]
The datasets used and/or analysed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
All data generated or analysed during this study are included in this published article [and its supplimentary infomation files]
The datasets generated and/or analysed during the current study are not publically available due [REASONS WHY DATA ARE NOT PUBLIC] but are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
Data sharing is not applicable to this article as no datasets were generated or analysed during the current study.
The data that support the findings of this study are available from [third party name] but restrictions apply to the availability of these data, which were used under license for the current study, and so are not publicly available. Data are however available from the authors upon reasonable request and with permission of [third party name].
Not applicable. If your manuscript does not contain any data, please state ‘Not applicable‘